Building grade HPMC CAS No. 9004-65-3
Product name: Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC)
Other Names Hypromellose
Appreance White powder
CAS NO. 9004-65-3
EINECS No.: 220-971-6
1. Appearance: white or almost white powder.
2. Granularity: 100 mesh pass rate is greater than 98.5%; 80 mesh pass rate is greater than 100%.
3. Carbonization temperature: 280-300℃
4. Apparent density: 0.25-0.70/cm3 (usually around 0.5g/cm3), 5. Specific gravity 1.26-1.31.
6. Discoloration temperature: 190-200℃
7. Surface tension: 42-56dyn/cm for 2% aqueous solution.
8. Soluble in water and some solvents.
9. Such as proper ratio of ethanol/water, propanol/water, trichloroethane, etc. The aqueous solution has surface activity. High transparency,
10. Stable performance,
11. Products of different specifications have different gel temperatures,
12. The solubility changes with viscosity, the lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility
13. There are certain differences in the performance of different specifications of Building grade HPMC CAS No. 9004-65-3
14. The dissolution of Building grade HPMC CAS No. 9004-65-3 in water is not affected by PH value.
15. With the decrease of methoxy group content, the gel point of Building grade HPMC CAS No. 9004-65-3 increases, the water solubility decreases, and the surface activity also decreases.